Gluten Free & Diabetic Friendly
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
· 1 banana, mashed
· 6 packets of Sweetleaf Stevia or 1½ teaspoons stevia powder or use ½ cup honey
· 5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
· ¼ cup flaxseed meal*
· 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
· 3 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2¾ cups milk
· Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and Stevia together in a bowl.
3. Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
4. Finally pour in milk and combine.
5. Spray a 12 and 6 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
6. If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
7. Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
8. Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags
Adapted from the recipe by Brenda Bennett